WATCH TIME: 4 minutes
AUPN's Leadership Minute is a brief, highly focused summary of practical advice for Chairs, Program Directors and other leaders in academic neurology, available as both mini-podcasts and in short form videos.
The goal of this program is to provide relevant and useful information in a modicum of time, designed to fit seamlessly into our very busy schedules.
- Neurology is inherently interesting.
- The clinical faculty is involved with every layer of the curriculum from the basic (foundational) sciences to the clinical rotations.
- The best clinicians and teachers should be involved with basic neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, etc,
- Most schools have a dedicated clinical clerkship/rotation. For those that don’t it is essential to create one, and education leadership in neurology can effectively advocate for those departments.
- Most clerkships are in the 3rd year. But some are placed in the 4th year which is too late for most students to change their career trajectory.
- If a department needs help in resolving the scheduling issue with their school, education leadership from our professional organizations can provide strong and convincing support.
Click here to access the full PowerPoint presentation for the episode.