Episode 92 of the NeurologyLive® Mind Moments® podcast is now live! Scroll down to listen or click here to subscribe on your favorite streaming service.
The Mind Moments podcast features exclusive interviews with leaders in the field discussing the latest research and disease management strategies across the breadth of neurology, including epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson disease, dementia, sleep disorders, and more.
Episode 92, "Highlights From the 2023 CMSC, SLEEP, AHS, and ATMRD Annual Meetings," features a variety of specialists in neurology who presented research and gave talks at 4 recent major medical meetings—the Consortium of MS Centers Annual Meeting, the Annual Joint SLEEP Meeting, the Advanced Therapeutics in Movement and Related Disorders Congress, and the American Headache Society’s Annual Scientific Meeting. Those included in this week's episode, in order of appearance, are:
- Amit Bar-Or, MD, FRCPC, FAAN, FANA, the Melissa and Paul Anderson President’s Distinguished Professor at the Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Gavin Giovannoni, MBBCh, PhD, FCP, FRCP, PRCPath, a professor of neurology at Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry.
- Dayna Johnson, PhD, MPH, MSW, MS, a sleep epidemiologist and assistant professor at the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University.
- John Winkelman, MD, PhD, the chief of the Sleep Disorders Clinical Research Program at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Laxman Bahroo, DO, a professor of neurology and the residency program director at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital.
- Ling Wan-Albert, OTD, OTR/L, an assistant professor of occupational therapy at the New York Institute of Technology.
- Sara Pavitt, MD, the chief of headache at UT Austin Dell Children’s Hospital.
- Ali Ezzati, MD, the director of the Neuroinformatics Program at the University of California, Irvine.
For all of NeurologyLive's coverage of these medical meetings—including dozens more interviews with expert clinicians—click the links below:
This episode is brought to you by Medical World News, a streaming channel from MJH Life Sciences®. Check out new content and shows every day, only at medicalworldnews.com
- 1:15 – Bar Or on the potential of BTK inhibition in multiple sclerosis at CMSC 2023
- 4:40 – Giovannoni on the understanding of MS as a smoldering disease at CMSC 2023
- 10:30 – Johnson on multilevel efforts to address modifiable factors of sleep health at SLEEP 2023
- 13:05 – Winkelman on moving away from dopamine agonists as first-line treatments for restless legs syndrome at SLEEP 2023
- 15:30 – Bahroo on the role of botulinumtoxins in Parkinson disease care at ATMRD 2023
- 19:00 – Wan-Albert on the impact of social isolation on cognition at ATMRD 2023
- 22:10 – Pavitt on the universal knowledge about pediatric headache for neurologists and nonspecialists at AHS 2023
- 24:05 – Ezzati on the use of machine learning models to improve treatment optimization in heterogenous migraine at AHS 2023
Click here to subscribe to the Mind Moments podcast. Be sure to leave a rating and review for the show. Thanks for listening!
Hoping to listen on your favorite podcast app? See below: